Wednesday, April 22, 2020
Tuesday, April 21, 2020
Fish oil is usually extracted from the flesh of fatty fish such as herring, tuna, anchovies, mackerel and salmon.
Similar to cod liver oil, the fatty acids in fish oil are eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). These omega-3 fatty acids been proven to be as beneficial to our general health. Most of us do not eat enough servings of fish per week, and taking fish oil supplements are a good alternative to supply us enough omega-3 fatty acids. (26)
Benefits of Fish Oil
- Support heart health: reduce risks associated with heart disease by increasing HDL (good) cholesterol levels; reduces blood pressure in people with elevated levels; prevent plaques build-up in arteries; reduce fatal abnormal heart rhythms (26);
- Mental health: EPA-rich fish oil helps improve the symptoms of psychiatric disorders such as psychotic, schizophrenia, bipolar disorders, and depression (26).
- Weight loss: in combination with exercise and healthy diet can help with ideal body mass index (BMI), thus, may reduce risk factors for heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and cancer in obese people (26);
- Rheumatoid arthritis: it’s anti-inflammatory effects help reduce symptoms of chronic inflammation such as rheumatoid arthritis (26):
- Support Pregnancy and Early Life: improve infant visual development and help reduce the risk of allergies (26)
Important: This information does not substitute for the advice of your healthcare professional, therefore, you should consult them before commencing taking supplements or discontinuing any course of treatment.
Monday, April 20, 2020
Echinacea known as purple cone flower is a beautiful purple daisy, which the North American Indians have traditionally used as an overall tonic to strengthen both the mind and body and to maintain the immune system. The plant's upper parts and roots are used in tablets, tinctures, extracts and teas.
The medicinal properties are antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and immune stimulant. (1b)
Benefits of echinacea are:
* high antioxidants - may help defend body against oxidative stress (27);
* Tablet supplement – help with Immune stimulant: (1b)
> Colds and flu are suppressed, and treating respiratory tract infections;
> Immune system is rebuilt, particularly pelvic region, candida, thrush and cystitis;
> treating chronic hepitatis, and glandular fever;
> Chronic infections - in the mouth and throat and combat the fatigue following viral infections;
> Anxiety – managing the symptoms;
* Echinacea tea –
> improves circulation and may treat bronchitis (1b);
* Mouthwash – for Oral infections such as sore throats, tonsillitis, mouth ulcers, gum infections, and tooth abscesses (1b);
* Wash - for infected wounds and rashes, purulent spots and pimples (1b);
* Echinacea extracts - may help with:
> Cancer - suppress cancer cell growth and trigger cancer cell death; slowing the growth of malevolent tumour cells, blocking the cancer’s ability to spread in breast cancer; restoring the immune system of cancer patients following chemotherapy but not recommended for self-help (27)(29)(30);
> Blood sugar levels - make cells more sensitive to insulin's effects, thus lower blood sugar level (27);
> Osteoarthritis: reduces inflammation, chronic pain and swelling (27);
* Decoction or tincture for boils, acne, pimples, wounds, rashes, food poisoning, duodenal ulcers, tonsillitis, shingles, herpes, and persistent infections of all kinds (1b);
Caution: Read label and follow instructions. Not suitable for people with autoimmune diseases.
Important: This information does not substitute for the advice of your healthcare professional. Consultation with your health professionals is recommended before commencing taking supplements or discontinuing any course of treatment.
“Folk medicine” or commonly called traditional medicine existed among the people for thousands of years as part of their culture for keepi...
Your average grow set up is made up of a few key components. The first thing you will need to do is set up your grow tent. Majori...
Hydroponics is a form of high quality agriculture that utilises soilless mediums such as coco peat, clay balls, rock wool and nutrient ...